Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Very Interesting Week

I have had such an interesting week so far that I really felt the need to share some of it tonight. It started on Sunday with Church of course but then I helped the worship band for whom I run sound during the service, move equipment out to a local hotel for the Fall Synod Theological Conference. So we got set-up just before the start of the conference on Sunday evening. I had already made arrangements to take the day off on Tuesday to run sound during the contemporary worship service for the conference, but as things progressed on Sunday it was clear that there would be need for sound on Monday morning as well so I volunteered to do it. After the Monday service I stayed to hear Susan Briehl discuss the Psalms. Wow!! I was pretty moved by her discussion and she made me realize the importance of the psalms in our life. Thanks Susan from the sound guy in the back!
So of course Tuesday I was there as well and enjoyed the contemporary service. The band of course played beautifully...and they made me cry which happens on occasion.
BTW...If you ever get a chance to sit in a room FULL of pastors during a service DO IT!! I highly recommend it. It is fun to watch their different styles in the way they each worship and it is very moving. And if you think it would be a room of stuffed shirts...NO WAY. And if the bishop is reading this...awesome sermon!!
I digress...So tonight we took all of the confirmation classes to hear a very inspiring speaker, Tony Campolo. Again WOW!! Very moving, he gets right to the heart with the kids. Absolutely incredible to hear him speak about his personal journey's and those around him. He was incredible and moving.
So to sum this up I believe I have had a pretty incredible week so far and filled with inspiration. Those pastors in that conference don't know it but they helped to reinvigorate my spirit and I think God is speaking to me. I just need to listen a little closer.
In Him!

No comments: