Friday, October 26, 2007

Mankato Area Men's Prayer Breakfast

I want to start off by apologizing for my tardiness in keeping this blog up to date. I have been extremely busy with work and of course the upcoming prayer breakfast. I will get back to Martin Luther this weekend and get caught up before Wednesday. So with that said I would like to talk about something that has been very close to me for the past few months. One of the things that I noticed almost immediately when I came back to Church is that there was quite a few different opportunities for regular gathering for the women in the Church but the men's program's seemed scattered and not at the most opportune times for those of us working regular schedules. Also, there was some fear that most of us men are more apt toward coach potatoism (citing myself as the example) However, I felt that I was missing opportunity to connect with other Christian men within the community and share in fellowship. I also thought what a great opportunity for education and giving. So a group of men from Messiah Lutheran Church and Hosanna Lutheran Church here in Mankato got together to discuss what we could do. The following is the culmination of about 6 months of thought, prayer, and work. I encourage any men in the area to contact me and to come join us for what is the first of what we hope are many Men's Prayer Breakfasts.

Mankato Area Men's Prayer Breakfast
An Opportunity to share fellowship and giving with Mankato Area Christian Men

Guest Speakers: Eric Davis & Mark Esch
Head coaches Mankato East and West Football
They will discuss how their faith impacts their life and work

Saturday December 1, 2007
Messiah Lutheran Church
1706 Lee Blvd. North Mankato, MN

Doors Open - 8:32
Breakfast - 9:02
Speakers - 10:02

Tickets: $10.00
Proceeds to benefit community charities

For information or tickets contact:
Messiah Lutheran Church - 507-387-5537
Hosanna Lutheran Church - 507-388-1766
Email: jgangerjt@gmail.com



1 comment:

Pastor Eric said...

I completely understand "busyness". I have been there recently.

I think this men's prayer breakfast is a great idea. I think my community needs to look into doing something like this. Getting men involved in the Church and in their faith is definitely something that needs to be addressed. God bless you in your preparations.