Thursday, September 13, 2007

Kathy Griffin needs forgiveness for her remarks.

By now you have heard or read the remarks that Kathy Griffin made about our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus. I shall not repeat them as it is not my place to glamorize further her mistakes but to forgive them as Jesus would have us do. I heard a speaker on the news this morning talking about how if she had made statements like that about Judaism or Islam there would be public outcry's in the streets for her head on a platter and immediate demands for apology, but they had not heard any of those demands from the Christians. Well I will not be screaming for it either. I will however point out that ours is a religion of understanding and forgiveness and to be "Christ like" is to forgive and to pray for her. We must forgive her as she has clearly sinned against God. In her statement of; "This award is my God now." She has put false gods before Him. That is truly a sin right from the Ten Commandments.

In my search for the word Forgiveness I found it referenced 15 times in the Bible, Once in the Old Testament and 14 times in the New Testament. The most profound for me is from Acts 26:18;
to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.

When I looked up Forgive, I found it referenced 63 times in the Bible, from Genesis through 1 John. I think the absolute most powerful verse is Luke 23:24;
Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

However I think the best that describes this situation is Luke 11:4;
Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.

We need to ask God to forgive our sins as I am sure we have had thought's of anger and disgust toward Ms. Griffin as she has sinned against us and God. And I truly need to ask him to lead me not into temptation as I truly thought of very hateful things toward her.
This is Satan's attempt to lead us away from Christ and to respond to her not as Christ would but as Satan would have us. So Ms. Griffin I am sorry for you, and I will pray for your soul to God the creator of the heavens and earth, and I will ask him to forgive you as you know not what you do. -Amen

No comments: