Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Light of Life

In him was life, and that life was the light of all people. John 1:4

Jesus came to take the darkness away from the world and lift us from the dead and bring us into the light. The light of eternal life through him.
As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, Eph 2:1
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

I feel so filled with joy that the light filled inside me and dispelled the darkness from my life. (Eph 5:11) I admit that since Christ knocked on the door there have been those times when the devil has tried to gain strength and control over me. He sometimes has worked very hard to sway me these past months. I try but I find I am weak but when I am we all I need to do is call out to the Lord and he fights the devil for me.

I know this probably sounds really corny! I can though feel him with me and I am aware of him in my life and in my heart. I have my moments when I suddenly feel alone or empty for a moment but I say his name and the feeling disappears! I have just recently come to the realization that I truly am different than they way I was only a year ago. The perfect example is that if my wife called me from the other room to help her with something I would often ignore her or if my kids said something to me I would let it slip in one ear and out the other. I now find myself stopping what ever I am doing to help my wife or when my kids want to talk or play or need help with home work I am there to help in anyway I can. Believe me this IS completely different! I know that all the credit is to Jesus. I now sometimes feel very sad at the thought of the years of joy that I missed being with my kids and spending true quality time with them. The light of my life comes from the love I have found in Jesus my Lord and Saviour. -- Amen

1 comment:

Pastor Eric said...

Amen brother! When the light of Christ shines in ones heart it can do nothing else but shine forth in how we live.