Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Why Psalm 51:15

I have been asked by people why Psalm 51:15 is my favorite verse? Well First of all I was listening to a Pastor who opened his sermons with; "O Lord fill my lips and my mouth will declare your praise" and then he would begin the sermon. Then during a small group Bible Study we were talking about Pop Culture and we were discussing my favorite band U2. During the study we discussed Bono's use of this verse during his concerts. (Of course we also discussed the bands faith and the references to God in there songs.) After years of watching and listening to U2 (and buying all of their albums) I finally had discovered the reason for my enjoyment of their music. Anyway, during that bible study I realized the significance of that verse. I try daily, and I always, pray that verse before I sit to write this blog or before Bible study or any time I am to speak to anyone about anything. I find myself saying this verse either aloud or in my mind all the time. I think the significance is that anytime we speak we should consider that God is filling our lips with words and we should thank and praise him daily for all things. - Amen


No comments: