Saturday, September 29, 2007

Why I Blog

I Blog for God. For if not for him I would not be content with my life. I give it all to him. So this blog may not be everything you are looking for, but it will be for his glory and it will be his words to me. I try to throw in a little humor here and there after all, he gave that to me as well. Hope your not thinking that your going to find the answers to all things here. But I hope you do get a nugget to hold on too. And believe me it's not going to be eloquent! and I can guarantee very little wisdom!! I hope everyone has wonderful weekend.

1 Corinthians 1:17

For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

You see I really connect with Paul. I would describe my experience, my rebirth much like Saul. During bible study a few months back we began reading Acts and I found myself unable to put it down. I need to tell the whole story as it was a real eye opener for me. The Bible study assignment in June was Acts. I was going on a business trip that week so of course I packed my study bible in my backpack for the plane ride to read. (I get extremely nervous on take off so reading the bible really has put me at ease.) So I started Acts 1 and I couldn't put the book down! I was so immersed in the story, it was fantastic! So we landed I drove to my hotel, checked in and instead of getting my work material ready for the next day I had to open the Bible and continue reading. It was like there was nothing else that mattered and I was totally engrossed in the words. It was truly an amazing feeling. I read Acts and most of Romans that night and no sleep. It was incredible because I was not tired in the least bit it was like, this is your assignment. I was completely on auto-pilot those two days. So no sleep it is 6:00 am, I get up out of the chair, get showered, go to my business meetings wide awake fully alert and focused on business. In the back of my head though I can hear him telling me "do what you have to do and then you can read tonight." So needless to say I was excited the whole day. I finished my meetings and I was even polite enough to ask the customer to dinner but fortunately they declined. So I headed back to the hotel and started reading where I left off. Again I was completely immersed there was nothing that could take my attention away from my task. By the next morning I had read Roman's, Corinthians 1 and 2, Galatians, and Ephesians, and on the flight home Colossians and Timothy. By The Way, I don't remember much of the flight home or really how I got to the airport. I just remember being focused on reading these incredible stories. Upon my return home I was refreshed and relaxed and it was like I had a complete understanding of what Paul went through and the trials he faced during his missions and the importance of accepting what Christ has laid out for us. I also noticed that Paul didn't get his instructions all at once it was given to him as he went along. I can just imagine how difficult that must have been to just follow blindly at times and just waiting for the answers to come from God. The anxiety, frustration, nervousness, the impatience we have as man. At the same time I can imagine the comfort in knowing that the answers would be provided, that the path was already laid down for him to follow. That must have provided him with comfort, joy, and a sense of inner (and Outer) peace. I feel a strong bond with Paul in how the Lord came to him and guided him. I only hope I can serve the Lord as Paul served the Lord with unyielding faith and confidence in the knowledge that he would provide. -- Amen

1 comment:

Pastor Eric said...

Amen! If you are writing for God and His glory, then we will find exactly what we are looking for. Thanks for blogging.